Reviews and comment from the Demon Crew - creative writers at De Montfort University, Leicester.

Wednesday 25 February 2015

The best meal of the day

I am someone who perhaps more often than I should, espouses the benefits of a good breakfast. So when I walked into the discussion with Seb Emina on his book, "The Breakfast Bible" I was looking forward to spirited and rousing talk about the most important meal of the day. I was not disappointed.

Along with some highly jovial quips about breakfast, a straw poll of what ought be included in a Full English and witty anecdotes about the Shoreditch cereal shop, there was a section on what music one should listen to whilst boiling an egg.

Based on what I heard today, including a great deal about the history of breakfast cereals, I intend to buy myself a copy and get to reading. I recommend that you do the same.



Ciaran Lovejoy

No comments:

Post a Comment