Reviews and comment from the Demon Crew - creative writers at De Montfort University, Leicester.

Monday 26 February 2018

Taking over the world

"Breaking Bread: a dinner to hatch plans and take over the world"

My eyes are instantly drawn to the title and my interest is piqued. I should advise you that the world take-over probably isn't today. But there is a chance to sit down and meet new people while discussing interesting topics. I don't want to miss out. Ane by the way, there is also free food!

Of all of the cultural exchange events this one intrigues me most. Living in today's society it is important that we dare to have conversations with people who might have different views from us or who come from different backgrounds. This is a way we can learn more than we expected and encounter new knowledge and ideas. 

The event's focus is on LGBTQ folk, Women folk, Invisible Dis/ability folk and BAME folk. It seems like a good mix of learning in a safe space as well as coming out to have a good time. I looking forward to meeting new and interesting people who can, I hope, teach me something and, of course, an evening of fun.

If you want to learn more about this event, which takes place tonight, click here.


Rebecka Nakell

No comments:

Post a Comment