Reviews and comment from the Demon Crew - creative writers at De Montfort University, Leicester.

Thursday 28 February 2019

Inspired by the Demon Crew


Run by undergraduate students and tutors at the heart of the Creative Writing department, the Demon Crew event felt both homemade and wholesome.

This was my first Cultural Exchanges event, so I went into it with an open mind, unsure of what to expect. The diverse group of writers sharing their work did not disappoint!

There was an eclectic mix of poetry, short fiction and script from a range of students studying different courses (creative writing, film, drama etc.), each with their own very distinct voices and charms.

Surely anyone surrounded by so many vibrant and passionate people would have to feel inspired. I left the event wanting to write my own pieces that so that I too can perform one day.


A. Culbert


No comments:

Post a Comment