Reviews and comment from the Demon Crew - creative writers at De Montfort University, Leicester.

Tuesday 1 March 2011

Day Two - and looking ahead

So, it's finally here, Cultural Exchanges week, Day Two. I'm excited about tomorrow, listening to the Postgraduate Creative Writing students. Cannot wait to see the quality of the work, and just how they perform their work.


At night, the poets Maggie O'Sullivan and Sean Bonney are performing at 6pm. Looking up their live performances on YouTube has given me great insight to their work and level of perfomance skills. Should be very interesting to watch!


Thursday is the Demon Crew, and I'm looking forward to going to see the students showcase their work. It will be great to see what sort of work I will be doing in the next two years whilst at De Montfort. I also know a couple of students in higher years, so can't wait to see them perform!


Again, another night performance with the author Blake Morrison. I was on the train this weekend reading Clockwork Orange when I realised he had written the introduction to the novel! A pleasant surprise, I'm very much looking forward to hearing excerpts from his own novels.


Friday is the 60x60 concert, which is very different from the other events I booked. 60 composers from around the world, each having 60 seconds for their piece with classic works. I'ma sucker for classical music so this should be interesting to see it played in a new, different way.

An exciting week ahead! I hope to see new and familiar faces joining me in these events!


Leonie Sturman

No comments:

Post a Comment