Reviews and comment from the Demon Crew - creative writers at De Montfort University, Leicester.

Thursday 3 March 2011

Now I'm scared

When I first signed up for the creative writing course, I had some level of understanding at how hard it is, but I've always been interested in writing, so I figured that if I worked really hard, I'd do OK. After attending the postgraduate creative writing event, I fully appreciate how naive I was about this.

Listening to the work that has been produced completely blew me away. These people aren't even professionals and the standard of work heard was above and beyond. Well written, engaging and highly amusing pieces were read, and I could only sit there in awe of the work that they had created in their time spent studying at DMU.

I think that I'm definitely going to have to work even harder than I planned if I have any hope of being at that standard in three years time.


Sarah Methold

No comments:

Post a Comment