Reviews and comment from the Demon Crew - creative writers at De Montfort University, Leicester.

Tuesday 8 March 2016

Festival of happiness

Rock in Rio is a different kind of music festival. Its main goal is to create happiness among visitors. 

At the talk about the festival, I was surprised to learn that all entertainment was completely free, although tickets are required and food is sold. The organisers have cut the limit of how many people can attend; this was done to prevent overcrowding and to make the experience better. I think this is a very bold move, and not a bad one.
 
It was also great to see an ATM turned into a karaoke machine that gave away free tickets for Rock in Rio, and to know that if one person was singing, it would give out two tickets to encourage sharing and love. 
If I ever find myself in Brazil, I definitely want to visit.


Dominique Slatter.

No comments:

Post a Comment