Reviews and comment from the Demon Crew - creative writers at De Montfort University, Leicester.

Saturday 22 February 2014

Inspiring Books

Cultural Exchanges at DMU has been brilliant this week and has exceeded all of my expectations for it (they were high anyway). 

Today, I went to an event called: What book changed your life? I didn't totally know what was going to happen or if it was going to be interesting but I really enjoyed myself.

It was really thought-provoking when people shared their experiences in what books have inspired them or had an impact on them and it seemed that books meant different things to different people. However, a central theme was that a view or perspective had been shifted after reading their chosen book - weird to think a book can do that to someone!

What was even better was that some of the books I'd never heard of! Books can connect with people in a variety of ways but the passion for books is still there. 

I was sure to write down all of the books for future references and to add to my "To Read" list!

No comments:

Post a Comment