Reviews and comment from the Demon Crew - creative writers at De Montfort University, Leicester.

Sunday 26 February 2017

Love Nina

I am what you'd call an idiot, and in true idiot fashion it took me a couple of weeks to remember I had to reserve tickets for Cultural Exchanges events at De Montfort University, where lots of established people come along oozing cleverness, showing us little students how it's done. 
 
To my overwhelming relief I found Nina Stibbe tickets were still available. Nina Stibbe, for all those who live under a rock, is a bestselling novelist who used to live in Leicester. She's going to be back on home ground on 2nd March between 5 and 6, and you can book tickets here.
 
Nina Stibbe's first book, which has been adapted for TV, is a collection of letters she wrote to her sister called (not surprisingly) Love, Nina. I started reading it partly because of the wonderful reviews, but mostly because I like the name Nina. Needless to say, I then fell in love with the book. It's about a nanny in London who writes to her sister about all the trials and tribulations she has faced being a nanny. Basically, it's brill and hilarious, but don't take my word for it, read it yourself.


If you too love the name Nina, or just love her books, come along, because you certainly don't want to miss out!
 

Miss GW

No comments:

Post a Comment