Reviews and comment from the Demon Crew - creative writers at De Montfort University, Leicester.

Saturday 25 February 2017

Daniel Blake in Leicester


I, Daniel Blake poster. Obtained from the
distributor and posted on 22nd November 2016 to:
 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I,_Daniel_Blake.
 I'm a film student and when I, Daniel Blake was released neither my lecturers nor my fellow students would stop talking about it.

Ken Loach is a well known for his realist films that shine a light on real people with real problems. His past successes include classics such as Kes (1969) and Looking for Eric (2009). After watching the trailer and seeing its social realist themes I was eager to see it.  
 
Many people I have spoken to have seen the film and speak highly of it. This can be reflected with the reviews and ratings on sites such as Rotten Tomatoes where it gained the very high score of 93% from its audience. The film also won the Palme d'Or at Cannes as well as the BAFTA award for Best British Film.

After all of this success I, Daniel Blake is finally coming to De Montfort University in a special afternoon screening as part of the Cultural Exchanges Festival.. Tickets are currently sold out, but you may want to check by email or linger at the door in the hope of returns.

Chardae Green

No comments:

Post a Comment