Reviews and comment from the Demon Crew - creative writers at De Montfort University, Leicester.

Saturday 25 February 2017

Fine art - I need fine knowledge

It's my lack of knowledge of fine art that has led me to book for Emma Stibbon's workshop.  I want to know more about the subject, not least because I've several friends who have studied it.

Emma Stibbon has a page on the University of Brighton website, where she now teaches. This gives a timeline of her exhibitions which led to her current international profile. The video above shows an example of her work when she explored the history of places - a project which involved a field trip to Antarctica.

Stibbon's awards for her work include one from the British School at Rome. I'm excited to learn more about both fine art and Emma Stibbon. I hope that afterwards I have a wider understanding of what it is my friends do.



Megan Louise


No comments:

Post a Comment