Reviews and comment from the Demon Crew - creative writers at De Montfort University, Leicester.

Saturday 25 February 2017

All Things Arty



(Source: dmu.ac.uk)



With the exciting Cultural Exchanges festival just around the corner, I decided it was time to take a look at the events on offer. Hosted by De Montfort University, the festival showcases a range of performance, art, literary discussion and much more. The event draws people from across the country and beyond and is a great opportunity for DMU students to watch, listen and take part. I was thrilled to see the variety of events in the programme.

What am I most excited about? As an aspiring writer, I'll be popping into as many poetry and writing events as possible, such as a talk with Nina Stibbe, and a session on writing short stories. I also thought, Why not see what other stuff Leicester has to offer? So I've booked onto a few visual arts events and I'm both curious and intrigued to see what awaits me.

The festival is nationally renowned, drawing large crowds and media interest each year. So next week I'll have my running shoes tightly laced and be bouncing from one event to another.

Don't take my word for it, why don't you come along and see the festival for yourself! Follow the link
here and book yourself in!

 
Dominic Gilmour

No comments:

Post a Comment