Reviews and comment from the Demon Crew - creative writers at De Montfort University, Leicester.

Sunday 26 February 2017

Schooled in Murder

When I enrolled at De Montfort I dreamed of becoming a screenwriter. Television shows are my favourite form of creative media, specifically contemporary dramas. Award-winning shows like The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones inspire my work, so I want to learn more about what it takes to become a screenwriter. There are still a few tickets left and you can book here.
 
On Thursday 2nd March, DMU are hosting an event about writing for television dramas. Special guest speaker Lisa Holdsworth is leading this talk, and I can hardly wait.


Lisa Holdsworth is an excellent choice to lead the event as she has sixteen years' experience in the industry and has written for Emmerdale, Waterloo Road and Midsomer Murders. Her career is thriving. She even won the RTS Yorkshire Best Writer Award for her work on Emmerdale and New Tricks. She is the perfect representative for this event.

A BBC Writers Room interview gives a sense of Lisa Holdsworth's approach to writing as well as some helpful tips. I look forward to hearing more. 
 


By Callum James

No comments:

Post a Comment