Reviews and comment from the Demon Crew - creative writers at De Montfort University, Leicester.

Tuesday 1 March 2016

All singing, all dancing ... on mountains

When you think Indian movies, you probably think about the song and dance numbers. The thing you don't think about, or even take much notice of when watching one, is the landscape and scenery. 

That's true of me too - or it was until today. Today I attended a talk given by Monia Acciari on Indian cinema and European landscapes. The talk was eye-opening about where the movies are shot. The talk also was an eye opener about Indian cinema's history in Leicester. I even learnt about a few places to go and see a movie, as well as hearing about the history of Indian cinemas in Leicester. 

The talk made me want to go and re-watch Khabi Kushi Khabie Gham, but when I do I'll be looking into the filming and its locations, and considering questions of authenticity. 

Overall the talk was very enjoyable, and gave me some new recommendations for my "to watch" list. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to enjoy an old favourite.


 
Adil L.

No comments:

Post a Comment