Reviews and comment from the Demon Crew - creative writers at De Montfort University, Leicester.

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Peace of Mind

I'll be honest and say that I wasn't massively aware of Heather Peace. But then with shows like Lip Service and The 'L' Word under her belt, I doubt I'm really her target demographic. However I was genuinely excited to welcome her into the lecture hall and hear what she had to say (and sing).

I was utterly smitten by just how lovely a person she is. She's probably the most genuine celebrity I've ever seen. She was extremely welcoming and friendly, had plenty of jokes and stories to tell and was an absolute delight to watch. It was a very real, heart-felt interview and Q&A.

Aside from the conversation, Heather also treated us to some of her musical talent. In a word: outstanding. I'm always in awe of people who can both play the piano and sing; with her power and vocal range Heather was simply fantastic. An utterly breath-taking and intimate live performance of three songs from her upcoming album Fairy Tales. The title track is particularly worthy of praise.

It's hard to believe that the event didn't cost a penny - a real treat for hard-pressed students. An excellent event on all accounts.




Shane Curiel

No comments:

Post a Comment