Reviews and comment from the Demon Crew - creative writers at De Montfort University, Leicester.

Wednesday 27 February 2013

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Sally Doughty

Sally Doughty's solo dance performance showcased a beautifully choreographed contemporary story which initially reminded me of swan lake. Sally, a dance teacher at De Montfort University, danced elegantly in an all black number. It was up to her to connect with the audience and she held their attention throughout.
 
I began to feel I was part of the performance.  I made me want to get up and dance, even though there was no music apart from Sally's singing - was it in Latin?  I also enjoyed her humorous interpretation of 'hockey pockey', as she repeatedly said "now you see me, now you don't" whilst elongating her legs in a perfect ballet position.
 
I loved every minute of Sally's hour-long performance and l was pleased I had booked to see her with Craig Vear at 6pm on the following day.



Georgina Walters

No comments:

Post a Comment