Reviews and comment from the Demon Crew - creative writers at De Montfort University, Leicester.

Friday 22 February 2013

When there's no free food, grab the politician (but he's off)

Cultural Exchanges ... my first thoughts were of events from around the world. I imagined myself listening to music from India, watching African dancing and eating large amounts of FREE Chinese and Japanese food.

It was not to be. In the absence of a culinary feast, I decided my best bet would be a book launch and a talk from Rohan Silva, who is a policy advisor to the Prime Minister. Politics is a keen interest of mine. Alas, the talk has been cancelled.
 

The two book launches I've booked look pretty interesting too. Matt Carr's book is about the mass purges of Muslims from Spain from the 15th to the 17th century while American Michael Heller is launching his Collected Poems. Both should be interesting and I'd like to talk to each author about the process of putting a book together.

 The Rohan Silva event would have been right up my street. As for the rest, I guess I'll just mingle and let it sink in. The atmosphere of the week is sure to be good.



Guy J.H Bezant

No comments:

Post a Comment