Reviews and comment from the Demon Crew - creative writers at De Montfort University, Leicester.

Friday 22 February 2013

Screen success

When I finally came to pick the 3 events I was inclined to attend, I became rather over-excited and signed up for 6.  But top of my list is the discussion with author and screenwriter Andrew Davies on Wednesday 27th February

Davies  will be discussing his work with Deborah Cartmell and Yvonne Griggs (DMU).  These include his BAFTA-nominated adaptation of Charles Dickens' Bleak House, as well as television versions of Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility and Vanity Fair. He also collaborated on the screenplays for both Bridget Jones films. His latest work, period drama Mr Selfridge, is currently being aired.

I'm looking forward to hearing from one of the UK's most critically acclaimed screenwriters and learning how he works.


J.Wedgbury

No comments:

Post a Comment