Reviews and comment from the Demon Crew - creative writers at De Montfort University, Leicester.

Friday 5 March 2010

Launching the Demon Crew

The Demon Crew Launch was definitely not what I was expecting. I feared some boring, normal readings or monotonous droning, but was really impressed with how much work had gone into all of the pieces - not to mention the pure guts it must have taken to stand up there and read and show their own work. There was quite a range: postcards, train tracks, websites ... even doggy t-shirts.

Not only was all the work of an exceptional standard, the students were all great performers. They really knew how to work the audience so that we were laughing when they wanted us to, and silent and thoughtful when that was needed.

I only hope they haven’t set the bar too high for when I get to that stage in a few years time. I’m starting to practise my cues now.


Rachel Robson

No comments:

Post a Comment