Reviews and comment from the Demon Crew - creative writers at De Montfort University, Leicester.

Thursday 3 March 2011

The Demon Crew dazzle in launch

Today, I looked into the future . . . well, sort of. As the final year Creative Writing students presented their projects, I saw what I'd be doing in two year's time. And I was intimidated.

DMU lecturer Jonathan Taylor kicked off the event by introducing the group, who then took a few minutes each to share their ideas, and read from their work. Each student expressed their ideas with clarity and confidence, and I was impressed with the variety of publications: poetry, short prose, radio drama - even a jigsaw puzzle!

It was clear that every writer had put time and effort into their work, and had come up with interesting, modern ideas. Copies of the projects were displayed around the room, giving the audience a chance to have a closer look.

The event ended with a talented acoustic performance by Morton Piercewright, and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say I wish all the students good luck in the coming months, and success for the future.


Lauren Simmonds

No comments:

Post a Comment