Reviews and comment from the Demon Crew - creative writers at De Montfort University, Leicester.

Monday 7 March 2011

Roll on next year

Looking at my Cultural eXchanges booklet, with my black biro marks next to all the events I wanted to attend, I can honestly say this week has been worth it. I’m sure when some students were told about the event, they heard the announcement as "week off". That isn’t the case at all, those of you who stayed away have truly missed out.

For travel and other reasons, I couldn't attend half of what I wanted to, but the performances and lectures I've seen have made the whole week one to remember.

University is still fresh for me and the rest of the first years. I'd never heard of Cultural eXchanges before as I'm the first in my family to come to De Montfort. It was a week I was not expecting, and one I will be attending for the foreseeable future.

Given the diversity of events, it was amazing to see what you could discover by attending lectures you were unsure of, with a spontaneous urge to learn.

That's exactly what I did this week. I never dreamed of finding so much to interest and excite me.

Roll on next year!


Sophie Price

No comments:

Post a Comment