Reviews and comment from the Demon Crew - creative writers at De Montfort University, Leicester.

Friday 4 March 2011

Free Biscuits! now that I've got your attention ...

You know you've had a truly inspiring day when you can't get your thoughts in order for your next creative piece. Having experienced some of the work of twenty-three of De Montfort University's third year students I feel far more motivated than I have in some time to sit and simply write.

Today I learnt that I've been taking the creative side of creative writing for granted. Ordinarily I would sit down, pen and paper in hand, and write prose. I'd never before considered using post-it notes or jigsaw puzzles, let alone printing T-shirts as a medium for my words - until now, that is.

The collection of works at the Demon Crew publication event was truly inspirational for the mixed audience of university students, fellow writers and the general public. I feel this event has opened my eyes to new realms of possibilities just waiting to be explored, and I can't wait to get started.

And did I mention there were free biscuits?


Samantha Inglis

No comments:

Post a Comment