Reviews and comment from the Demon Crew - creative writers at De Montfort University, Leicester.

Tuesday 1 March 2011

I'm buying the books!

I will openly admit that I hadn't, to my memory, heard of Catherine O'Flynn. Yet this was a good opportunity to listen to an award-winning novelist, and despite being a Creative Writing student I am woefully ignorant of recent authors.

It was pleasant to see how engaging with her audience Catherine is, most of the session being open to their own questions. It was fantastic to see an author equally interested in what her audience had to say. Each answer was honest, in-depth and often humorous; Catherine has no issues in holding a room's attention. I strangley did not find myself lost; her answers going beyond the plot, giving great insight into her writing processes.

This was not an hour wasted, and I feel Catherine taught me more than just about her books. I will definitely be visiting amazon for both What Was Lost and The News Where You Are.


Terri Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment