Reviews and comment from the Demon Crew - creative writers at De Montfort University, Leicester.

Monday 7 March 2011

Mesmerism

I have to admit, I had know idea who Alan Moore was before today but I am glad I went to his event.

The second he entered the room, everyone went silent. It was an excited kind of silence that even I felt. It was like he had some sort of power over the audience.

After a short introduction and a couple of jokes, he began to read us a chapter from his new book. He started off quietly, creating a sinister tone for his writing.

The audience was mesmerised; hardly anyone moved, we all just wanted to listen. Unfortunately, an hour was not enough time for him to read the entire chapter.

He was then asked a few questions by the audience which he answered directly and wittily.

I'd like to research a number of his views - and I might even buy his new book once it's out.


Leonni Secondino

No comments:

Post a Comment